<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

The Lowes' Saga continues


I guess I am a glutton. If you are my 1/2 fan who reads this, you know I've had a couple of irritating times with Lowes. Friday, I went through the ordeal of attempting to order a drill press. Well, last night I went to pick it up, since it was promised for Monday at 10a.m.

First I called and got someone who wasn't too sure about where to look or what was going on. Big surprise there. She said she didn't think it was in, but didn't seem too sure - boy talk about deja vue all over again.

OK, so I get off work at 7p.m. and head over to Lowes to confirm thier incompetence. I go to the infamous Customer Service counter and ask the person behind the counter about my drill press. I tell her I was told on the phone it wasn't in, but wanted to check to make sure. She said no problem and that all she had to do was print out the ticket and I could pick it up. I told her, I didn't think the person earlier was telling me the truth about it NOT being there. She said, "Oh, I thought you said it was here." How should I know that. That's why I was standing in line in Customer Service - to get some service as a customer and find out if my drill press was in or not. I spent the next 35 minutes standing around the Customer Service counter.

It turns out that they have no way of tracking an inter-store request like mine!!! Their computer will tell them if they've sent one out or maybe if it's in, but they have no idea if it's been sent. One lady came up and wandered out someplace (a holding area I think - at least that what she said). Obviously she didn't find it. At one time I think there were five different people spinning their wheels trying to find out the status of this item. What drives me crazy is that it's the blind leading the blind. No one in the store seems to have a clue about what is going on. They didn't know of any way to track the delivery, couldn't find the phone number of the guy in Midland who picks this stuff up, didn't really know where the item would or should be, and weren't really too sure about any part of the process. I can only imagine that they all must grab one end of the package tie-down string in front and hold on while they go home. The next morning they then follow the string back to the store -- I don't imagine they could find their way to work any other way.

And if it isn't the incompetence of the workers -- and there shouldn't be any way they are all intellectually challenged, it must be the management that lets them all be that way. How about training your workers so they all don't end up mentioned in ranting blogs like this one.

Oh, by the way, the guy who supposedly ordered the item for me on Friday? He was a manager and is now on vacation. Poop head!

2fers: Grizzley Tools and Rockler Tools

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?