<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 09, 2003

Dare I say it?

Lowes Part 3!


Got into work this morning and there was a message on my phone from Lowes saying my drill press was in. Whoopee. 7pm finally comes around and I drive out to Lowes. It's only a couple of minutes from where I work, so I get there around 7:05. I go to the pickup counter, ask about my drill press and they send me to Customer Service (remember them?). I give the clerk my receipt and naturally she doesn't quite know what to do with it. She calls another who in turns calls another who calls someone else on the phone.

What a surprise - a bunch of totally clueless workers at Lowes. Someone finally figures out who to call and get the drill press to the front of the store -- I wait, and I wait, and I wait some more. About a half-hour passes and I'm am really getting steamed. Finally they tell me it's down where I asked about it in the first place. Now they have the gall to ask me to sign a paper saying I've received the item - sight unseen. Not a chance. So, they piss off another clerk by making her carry the form down to the pickup area with me tagging along.

We get there and there's the box - finally. I sign the form and go out to get my car. I found out that they told the earlier mentioned poor old gnome to get the drill press. Sheesh. There are a bunch of hunky muscular young guys around and they pick on this poor old 80 year wizened senior citizen to drag a 200 pound drill press down the aisles. They said, he found it in one of aisles and had to drag it to the front of the store. I'm really surprised (and more than a little relieved) that he didn't have a heart attack along the way.

So finally there this guy who looks like an NFL lineman to help me put the box in my car. I wouldn't go so far as to say he was reluctant, but he sure wasn't overly helpful putting this 200 pound box in my little Beetle. I can't believe it. I actually have the drill press in hand (so to speak, it's actually in the back of my bug). And guess what, it's only 7:45. That's what I call quick service, only 40 minutes to take find a large box and get it to the front of the store. Thank god I didn't order two items -- I'd still be there.

2fers: Barndoor Lumber and Timberwolf Band Saw Blades

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?